The department offers programs in graduate study leading to the following academic degrees:
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics (PhD in APLNG)
- The Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics provides students with a broad theoretical grounding and research experiences in examining the nature of language and language learning.
- Master of Arts in TESL ( MATESL )
- The M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language is designed for individuals seeking advanced professional preparation in the teaching of English as a second or foreign language in the U.S. or abroad.
- Undergraduate TESOL Minor ( TESOL Minor)
- The TESOL Minor provides undergraduate students from any major with the minimum qualifications to teach English to adults in a variety of language programs in the United States and abroad.
Individuals who wish to improve their English skills and are not enrolled in a University program may be interested in the Intensive English Communication Program, offered through Outreach. IECP.