Stephen D. Looney
- Ph. D., Linguistics, University of Georgia
- M.A., TESOL, Carson-Newman
Areas of Specialization
- International Teaching Assistant Development
- Conversation Analysis
- Second Language Development
- APLNG 410 Teaching American English Pronunciation
- APLNG 597 Introduction to Conversation Analysis
ARTICLES AND BOOK CHAPTERS
Looney, S., Jia, D. and Kimura, D. (2017). Self-Directed Okay in Mathematics Lectures. Journal of Pragmatics, 107, 46-59.
Looney, S. (2015). Interaction and discourse markers in the ITA-led Physics Laboratory. In G. Gorsuch (Ed.), Talking matters: Research on talk and communication of international teaching assistants. Stillwater, OK: New Forums Press.