- Ph.D., Applied Linguistics, The Pennsylvania State University
Areas of Specialization
- Language Teacher Cognition from a Sociocultural Perspective
- English Language Teacher Professional Development
- On-Line Instruction
- APLNG 500 Practice Teaching in ESL
- APLNG 493 Teaching English as a Second Language
- APLNG 410 Teaching American English Pronunciation
- APLNG 804 Focus on the Learner: Identity, Community, and Language Learning
- APLNG 806 Focus on Classrooms: Planning and Supporting Language Learning
- APLNG 808 Focus on Instruction: Teaching and Assessing Language Learning
Childs, S. (2013). The Pennsylvania State University’s Online Graduate Certificate Program in TESOL. Online English Language Teacher Education: Case Reports of Innovative OnlineDelivery. TIRF – The International Research Foundation for English Language Education, [http://www.tirfonline.org].
Childs, S. (2010). ”Seeing” L2 teacher learning: The power of context on conceptualizing teaching. In K. E. Johnson & P. Golombek (Eds.), Research on second language teacher education: Exploring the complexities of professional development (pp. 67-85). New York: Routledge.